Tuesday, August 3, 2010

COME UNTO ME

COME UNTO ME

Hear the blessed Saviour calling the oppressed
Oh ye heavy laden come to me and rest
Come no longer tarry I your load will be
Bring me ev'ry burden Bring me ev'ry care

Come unto me, I will give you rest
Take my yoke upon you
Hear me and be blessed
I am meek and lowly
Come and trust my might
Come my yoke is easy and my burden light

REFRAIN

Are you disappointed wandering here and there
Dragging chains and doubt and loaded down with care
Do unholy feelings straggle in the breasts?
Bring your case to Jesus He will give rest

REFRAIN

Stumbling on the mountains dark with sin and shame
Stumbling towards the pit of hell's consuming flame
By the power of sin deluded and oppressed
Hear the tender Shepherd come to me and rest

REFRAIN

Have you by temptation if ten conquered been
Has a sense of weakness brought distress within
Christ will sanctify you if you'll claim His best
In the Holy Spirit He will give you rest

REFRAIN

No comments: